The Hotel Zone in Puerto Vallarta starts south of the Marina Area and ends at the Plaza Galerias (local shopping mall).
Main Beaches to visit here:
- Playa de oro (Golden Beach)
- Los Tules Beach
- Las Glorias Beach
- Playa Tranquila (Quiet Beach)
Some hotels tend to call their beaches by their own names, but these are not official names. For example, Oro Beach received its name from one of the first hotels built in this zone, called Hotel Playa de Oro.
Main Shopping Malls to Visit in the Hotel Zone
- Plaza Galerías (Galleries Square)
- Plaza Peninsula (Peninsula Square)
- La Isla (The island)
The largest resorts in Puerto Vallarta are in the Marina and Hotel Zones. These areas also have a large variety of Boutique Hotels, a great option for lovers of personalized service, and unique décor.
What can you expect of a Boutique Hotel in Puerto Vallarta?
A boutique hotel originates from the customer´s desire for a more personal experience. This includes taking care of the small details and offering an overall better quality of service.
A boutique hotel in Puerto Vallarta is synonymous with a first class hotel in a private and intimate environment, 100% customer-oriented.
Some background about boutique hotels:
Ian Schrager created this category in the 90´s when he tried to describe the type of experience offered at the New York Paramount hotel, one of the best hotels in the “Big Apple”.
Although there is no clear definition, we can say that boutique hotels in Puerto Vallarta and around the world commonly share some of the following characteristics:
- Limited number of rooms: usually between 20 and 150.
- Space for intimate events: events must not exceed 10 or 15% of the weekly demand. If this percentage increases, the hotel begins to lose its personal touch.
- A small lobby: a smaller lobby provides a more intimate experience than at a conventional hotel.
- Personalized service. It is impossible to provide a boutique experience without paying close attention to details to ensure guests have the best possible stay.
- Conservation of cultural heritage. The boutique hotels are often placed in old houses that have been remodeled to give them a new use, maintaining the architectural harmony with their surroundings.
- Sense of aesthetics and technological leadership. Most of these hotels are known for their eclectic design and also for providing technological services to their clients such as free Wi-Fi, video conferencing rooms, etc.
- The location it is not critical when a boutique hotel has all the features mentioned above.
Gastronomy of a Boutique Hotel In Puerto Vallarta
The restaurants of a Hotel Boutique in Puerto Vallarta tend to be modern. With an authentic, high-quality cuisine combined with a modern and comfortable atmosphere, the boutique restaurants create popular places to dine with guests. The aim is to offer a culinary experience to the table by offering a unique experience through a menu designed with the intention of combining innovation, texture and flavor.
In 2018 the tourist destination and its services of Puerto Vallarta was recognized with four nomination of the famous and prestigious magazine of British Origin Food & Travel in its annual Reader Awards survey (best exponents of national and international destinations, hotels, airlines, travel agencies, restaurants, spas and cruises.